Owning a good swimming pool is simply great. Besides much talked about health benefits, a swimming pool can be a great venue to enjoy a memorable get-together. However, many people do not realize that having a pool is not enough; a pool owner has to take good care of his or her proud possession to enjoy a life-long service.
A regular maintenance and check-up of your pool help in detecting a big mishap. It will improve the life of the pool and you will get the better service every time. In this article, we’ll discuss few important factors that may help you to detect leakage in your swimming pool:
* First of all, a user has to check his pool thoroughly. Have a close look every where at the filter, pump, heater and the pipe valves. See, if there are any wet areas in the pool.
* Marking the water level at the swimming pools can be a good indication of leakage. You can use a plastic tape or grease pencil to put a sign that indicates that the level of water should not go below the marked sign. Check it everyday and you will notice a leak if any.
* Take the bucket test. In this test, you need to place a bucket filled with water on the pool step. It is important to mark the water level outside as well as inside the bucket. You need to monitor the level; any change may indicate a leak in your swimming pool.
* If you want to locate the exact area of leakage in swimming pools, you can turn off the filtration system and see where the water stops dropping. You will easily notice the area and can take immediate action to revive it soon.
* Calling a professional pool designer could be a worth solution for people who could not identify the exact problem in their pools.
A good swimming pool needs regular maintenance and care. With a little effort, you can enjoy the pleasure of relaxing and refreshing bath for long.
Filed under: Pool Maintenance
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!